Updated: Oct 26, 2022
Giving Yourself Permission to Look After Yourself. It will give you a fresh outlook and renewed energy and you deserve it!
MOTHERHOOD is not always easy. Lets face it somedays we love our kids and somedays we just look for the end of the day and quiet time. Motherhood is a constant whirlwind of emotions and they can tend to exhaust us. Taking time for yourself is essential and gives your body time to renew and regenerate. Giving yourself permission to slip away and relax is not an indulgence it is a dividend that pays back in so many ways for yourself and your family.
Tip #1 - Wash The Guilt Away
The first few minutes of your relaxation time needs to be spent relaxing your body and mind. Sit quietly with your eyes closed and picture a soft serene place were you can see beauty and peacefulness everywhere. Shut off the mommy instinct and hearing for a few minutes and listen to yourself and your needs.
"Momster ( mom-ster) What happens to mom after she counts to 3)"
Tip #2 - Mommies Quiet Place
Find a place just for yourself. It may be the bathtub with music playing to drown out the family noise. Maybe a quiet spot in the garden or a park. Whatever it is make it yours. Make the spot comfortable and interruption free. Explain this spot to your family so they know that when you tell them you are going to your spot it is for you to have Mommy time alone.
"MOM ..One who sacrifices her body, sleep, social life, spending, money, eating hot meals, peeing alone, patience, energy and sanity for LOVE"
Tip #3 - Mommy Needs A Hand
I don't have time! WELL ....MAKE IT! Learn to make yourself a priority everyday. We are all working long hours, running children to sports, school, friends etc. We seem to make those things a priority so we need to make Mommy time a priority too! Somedays it may only be five minutes somedays maybe a few hours to a day away. Plan it into your schedule, discuss it with your partner ask a friend, neighbour or family member for the extra hand to take a few minutes to yourself. You need it and so does your family.
" Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put laundry in the oven"
Tip #4 - Mommy Time Ideas
1. Take a bubble bath, play soft music, light a candle, pour a glass of your favourite beverage in your best crystal and float away into dreamland.
2. Go on a walk, Explore a new part of the neighbourhood, seek out a forest a park or beach. Smile at anyone you pass by in your journey.
3. Window shop, pick put all the things you would love to buy and in your mind think how you would feel with those items.
4. Take a drive put on your favourite music and sing at the top of your lungs!
5. Buy that magazine at the check out counter and sneak away and spend a few minutes browsing through the pages.
6. Take your mom to lunch, she would love to spend some quiet time catching up.
7. Take a hot shower and crawl into bed for an hour or two. When exhaustion is at its
peak a few hours of pampering yourself can make a world of difference.
8. Nothing! Yup it is totally ok to sit and do absolutely nothing. Life is hectic and sometimes we just need to stop and do nothing!
Tip #5 - Find Yourself
Days are hectic and we seem to be running non stop these days. With this, we as mom's seem to loose ourselves and our identities while raising our families. Take the time each day to rest, relax and reflect on who you are other then a mother. You are beautiful and amazing and that bubbly personality is still in there. We have just shifted it over a bit to add in the beautiful, loving mommy side of our personalities.
Ready, Set, Go
Start planning now. You have read the article and it resonates with you and you are thinking to yourself, "I would love to do this." Now is the time, take the next five minutes and plan your 10 minute getaway for today. Tomorrow plan a 20 minute and once a week make it an hour just for you! You can make it work, you can do it because you are an amazing MOM!
If all else fails reach out to us and we will come and help out while you take that time!